26 Nov My Week in Vintage: The Top Ten
Weekly journal of the top ten things that rocked my (vintage) world.
3. Minty. If I ever had any doubts about mint green, they’ve all vanished. This apartment in Paris is paradise and so supremely pretty.
4. Luddite. I am a huge fan of anything industrial. The darker. The moodier. The better. So, when I spotted this antique shop in Brooklyn, NYC – I had to add it to my bucket list.
5. Vintage Christmas. I’m not a huge fan of the whole getting-up-early-to-battle-other-shoppers-for-Christmas-stuff-at-the-mall. This week on our radio show, Dead People’s Stuff, we did a roundup of our local vintage haunts and played some anti-commercialism anthems, including this track by The Saints. It’s a kicker.
6. Baz Luhrmann Auction. This week treasures owned by filmmakers Baz Luhrmann and Catherine Martin went to Auction. CAN YOU IMAGINE! I had to console myself by devouring my old copy of Vogue Living Australia, featuring the homestead from their film ‘Australia’.
7. Room Envy. I am not sure who took this photo or where it’s from, but I love its dishevelled romance and how all the elements come together; from the sequined showgirl outfit to the Mary statue and the antique French crystal chandeliers. I LOVE IT. So very, very me.
8. La Vie En Rose. Fascinators are my all-time favourite vintage accessory. And I’m forever buying long 50’s pink satin slips to swan about in during the day (worn with docs or converse). So I had to give myself over to this shoot from S Moda El Pais November 2016 issue by photographer Gorka Postigo. It captures both, beautifully.
Model Hanaa Ben Abdesslem. Styled Francesca Rinciari. Makeup Jordi Fontanals.