19 Nov My Week in Vintage: The Top Ten
Weekly journal of the top ten things that rocked my (vintage) world.
2. Ultimate Lismore Vintage Shopping Guide. Lismore is awesome. Vintage is awesome. So putting them together, well, it makes perfect sense. Whether you live on the North Coast or you’re visiting Byron Bay; this ultimate guide to vintage shopping in Lismore has you covered, local-style. Click here.
4. Guiding Light. Any fashion shoot that takes place in a temple AND features opulent and plush threads is always going to catch my eye. Dripping in feathers, sequins, embroidery and lace; this exotic spread was photographed by Agus Santoso Yang for Dewi Magazine Indonesia and is bringing back my love of Asian vintage-style. Cheongsam’s in thick lush satin, silk flowers, jade jewellery and, of course, MAC Ruby Woo red lipstick. See the full shoot here.
Models Gaby Hartanto and Dara Warganegara. Styled Ruben William S & Gisela Gabriella. Hair/Makeup Qiqifrankyjo.
5. Rev It Up. There are few things in this world more life-affirming than roadtrippin’ in a vintage car. Except maybe finding an immaculate vintage 50’s Dior dress at a garage sale for $15. Or driving a vintage car in your 50’s Dior dress…So! This week on our radio show ‘Dead People’s Stuff‘ it was pure driving music, including this roller coaster of a tune.
6. Vintage Diamante Tiara’s. They’re my quick style pick for the week. Wear them if you’re planning on running away with the circus, want to feel like a fairy princess or a rock chick. Ola Rudnicka channels the 90’s grunge look as captured by photographer Ellen Von Unwerth for Numero Tokyo‘s April 2016 magazine.
Styling Gaelle Bon. Makeup William Bartel. Hair Seb Bascle. Prop styling Sylvain Cabouat. Production Tobias Brahmst.
7. Paris Apartment. No explanation needed here.
8. New Kate Moss Equipment Ad. I had to scan this page from my Vogue UK mag. Next, I’ll be making mixed cassettes for my besties with hand written playlists. But this ad for Equipment clothing had to make my weekly cut. Leopard print rug (tick). Queen Kate (tick). Fishnets (tick). Tick, tick, tick.
9. Blissful Bathrooms. My secret for the perfect bathroom is to decorate it with as much love and thought as you would your bedroom. Make it another peaceful inner sanctuary. Add a huge antique mirror, an over-sized chandelier, French chair or an industrial vintage stool piled high with towels. Ahhhh…