13 Jan Weekly Lifestyle and Fashion Inspiration
Weekly journal of the top ten things that rocked my (vintage) world.
1. Rockabilly, Baby. I’m going to Japan. I’m going to Japan. I’m going to Japan. Sorry. I just can’t believe it’s happening (eeeeeeeeeeee). It’s not for another eight months. But, I have to keep reminding myself…I’m going to Japan!!!
2. BIG Hair. I know you get it. And probably feel the same way. So no words needed between friends.
3. Queens Hotel. This week Vogue Living showcased the new interior of Sydney pub, Queens Hotel. The look is a perfect duo of edginess and softness. Taxidermy filled walls + vintage lamps with pale pink shades. Gritty black & white vintage photos + pretty aqua painted walls. I love it all!
4. China Girl. This new shoot from Magpie Magazine had me spinning with new ideas on how to style my vintage. From long beaded 60’s satin dresses over bodysuits to Chinese embellished dresses belted at the waist. See more here.
Model Mariana Dantec. Styled: Courtney Smith. Hair: Helen Reavey. Makeup: Julianna Grogan.
5. Bowie Tribute. This week on our radio show, Dead People’s Stuff, we played tribute to the alien that is David Bowie. Rather than play classic Bowie tracks, we mixed-it-up by playing our favourite Bowie covers, including this incredible version of Rebel Rebel by Tegan & Sara.
6. Brit Ekland. This week I found myself looking through a new book ‘Slim Aarons: Women’. It features the most lavish images of iconic women by the photographer Slim Aarons. But I just couldn’t take my eyes off mega babe Brit Ekland and this image from 1969.
8. Sequins + High Tops. Another vintage style-clash to love. x
Photographer: Luigi + Iango. Stylist: Anna Dello Russo. Makeup: Georgi Sandev. Hair: Luigi Murenu.
9. Meet me at the Diner. My latest blog laughs in the face of summer and its oppressive heat. OK, it might be more of a snigger. But I promise this blog will help you get through these blistering days, in perfect vintage style. Click here.
10. Dreamlike. Vittoria Ceretti stars in Alexander McQueen’s Spring-Summer 2017 campaign lensed by Jamie Hawkesworth. I love its dreamlike feel, ornate gowns and its nod to bohemian vintage style.
See you next week friends. x